U12 - U19 Competitive Program
Southwest United's Competitive Program follows Canada Soccer's Long-Term Player Development model.
The Competitive Program is offered to boys and girls between 11 and 18 years old.
Players will be introduced to basic tactical play such as formation with a focus on the principles of play.
Training sessions include functional training and advanced technical skills such as combination plays, turns and 1-2 touch shooting.
Practice days, times and locations are determined based on the availability of the coaches and facilities. Teams participate in EIYSA league play as well as tournaments throughout North America.
Tryouts are required to participate on our Competitive Program.
• Unit play and positional responsibilities
• Advanced technical skills to speed of game
• Learning and understanding systems of play ( 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-4-3 , 3-5-2)
• SAQ (Speed, Agility, Quickness) and strength training
• Injury Prevention programs
• Mental preparation and toughness
• Provincial, National & International Tournament and EIYSA league play
• Exposure opportunities (Provincial Team, National Excel Program, FC Edmonton Academy, university and college showcases)
• Safe, fun & positive environment helps build a love of sport
• Introduction to soccer & development of basic technical skills
• Improves player fitness, agility and coordination
• LTPD model helps players learn faster, develop good habits & stay motivated
• Develops social skills, self-awareness and confidence
• Teaches kids how to overcome obstacles and challenges
• Develop focus and concentration