U9 - U11 Development Program
Southwest United's Development program follows Canada Soccer's Long-Term Player Development model.
The program is offered to boys and girls between 8 and 10 years old.
SWU technical director Tomasz Janas leads the Development Program, assisted by qualified volunteer coaches. Practices are generally held 2 times per week, for 60 to 75 minutes per session. Players are expected to attend practices on a regular basis.
Practice days, times and locations are determined based on the availability of the coaches and facilities. Development teams participate in EIYSA league games,which generally take place once per week.
Player assessments are required to participate in our Development Program.
• Advanced technical skill development
• Combination play, combination turns
• 1 and 2 touch shooting
• Introduction to basic tactical play (width, depth, support)
• Small sided games (4v4, 6v6 with goalkeeper)
• Goalkeeper training
• Basic SAQ (Speed, Agility, Quickness) training
• Tournament and EIYSA league play
• Safe, fun & positive environment helps build a love of sport
• Improves player fitness, agility and coordination
• LTPD model helps players learn faster, develop good habits & stay motivated
• Develops social skills, self-awareness and confidence
• Teaches kids how to overcome obstacles and challenges
• Develop focus and concentration